Access requirements to MBA
To be accepted into the university master’s program in Business Administration, you must hold a university degree. This requirement follows the admissions criteria established in Article 16 of RD 1393/2007, according to which applicants must:
- Hold an official Spanish university degree or a degree from another higher education institution in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that grants access to a master’s.
- Hold a qualification obtained outside the EHEA in accordance with foreign educational systems without the need for official recognition of their degrees, having previously confirmed with the University that this qualification accredits a level of training equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degree and that it would serve as a means of access to postgraduate study in the country in which it was awarded. Admission through this channel in no way implies either official recognition of the candidate’s prior qualification or any other recognition than permission to enrol in online master’s study.
- To study this master's in English, students must demonstrate and certify that they have at least a B2 English level.
UNIR has established the following admission criteria for the Master in Business Administration (MBA).
- Primary admission criterion: GPA on academic transcript.
- Education: priority to holders of higher education degrees in Economics, Business, and Engineering; as well as other areas such as Physics, Mathematics, etc.; followed by Industrial Engineering, Computer Science and Telecommunications.
- Among applicants with equal qualifications, priority will be given to knowledge of foreign languages.
- Among applicants with equal qualifications, applications will be accepted in order of receipt.
If there are more qualified applicants than places, special weight will be given to:
- Professional experience in terms of years of experience certified by an official “Working Life Report”.
- Candidates who have authored and presented or published research at a conference or in a scholarly journal on a topic related to the Master's program.
In addition to the legal requirements listed above, we recommend that prospective students for the MBA have the following profile:
- An open mind and analytical capability.
- Mastery of basic mathematical tools for study and its application to finance and economics.
- Good communication and social skills and capability for teamwork.
How to Apply
Applying to UNIR is very simple. You just need to follow these steps:
- Complete the information request form.
- You will receive a call from a personal advisor. They will verify if you meet the acceptance requirements and will help you formulate a personalized study plan. They will also tell you about degree recognition, amount of credits, or the amount of time you need to dedicate to your studies.
- The advisor will provide you with an application form to fill out. You can select the payment plan that best meets your needs.
- You will have to send the required documentation to be formally admitted to UNIR.
- Upon receiving confirmation that you have been admitted, you will be able to access the Virtual Campus for your degree once the application period has opened. We will give you a password so that you can enter the Virtual Classroom and start organizing the academic year according to your time and course load. You will always have a tutor to accompany you and help you with whatever you need throughout your time at UNIR.